I'm really excited that it's time again for the We ♥ Local Awards! For the past two years I was nominated as Favourite Local Advocate. This is really great because I really do LOVE to focus on the LOCAL food scene!!
For the last three years, this people’s choice awards has highlighted the most popular food and agriculture businesses and organizations across British Columbia. Your vote helps support the local economy, spread the word about why local is better...and it also tells your favourites- in a very concrete way- how important they are to your community. If you want to support your local butcher, baker, or ice cream maker, nominate them for a We ♥Local award!
Checking out the website is a great way to find out about all the different food makers/growers/restaurants, that are LOCAL to us in BC!!
Anyone living in BC can nominate and vote for their favourites in the following 15 delicious categories (simply head on over to www.weheartlocalawards.ca!)
· Favourite Farmers’ Market
· Favourite Store to Buy Local
· Favourite Local Meat or Poultry Supplier
· Favourite Local Seafood Supplier
· Favourite Local Cheese Maker
· Favourite Local Sweet Treat
· Favourite Local Advocate (You can nominate & vote for me in this category) :)
· Favourite Local Winery
· Favourite Local Brewery
· Favourite Local Food Truck
· Favourite Local U-Pick Farm
· Favourite Local Orchard/Fruit Supplier
· Favourite Local Restaurant or Chef
· Favourite Local Florist or Nursery
· Favourite Local Greenhouse or Veggie Grower
Here’s how the We ♥ Local Awards work:
- Nominations start August 17th, and voting is open from September 7th to September 14th, 2015.
- When you vote, everyone’s a potential winner: nominating and voting for your local BC favourites also enters YOU into weekly draws for a chance to win one of five $100 gift cards to your local BC VQA store.
- Plus, you’ll be automatically entered in the Grand Prize draw for a luxurious three-night stay at Taku Resort and Marina along with your choice of a cooking course for two, valued at $1,800. This prize includes $300 gift card for BC Ferries to cover the cost of ferry transportation to Quadra Island. It’s an unforgettable way to experience local - especially once you hear Taku’s family story. Grand prize winner will be announced on September 15, 2015.