If you saw me on Global Morning News today and want to make the Savoury Bread Pudding for you Mom, here's the recipe!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Medium Bunch Asparagus (2" from top tip) Sliced
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 C. Whole Milk
- 8 C. Uprising Breads (Honey & Buttermilk)- Cut into 1" pieces
- 3/4 C. + 2 tbsp Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 6 Thin Slices of Pancetta
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Heat Butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir until garlic is softened, about 30 seconds.
- Add Asparagus, season with salt and pepper. Cook and continue tossing until wilted, about 5-6 mins. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, milk, 2tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper in large bowl. Add asparagus mixture, bread, and 3/4 C. Cheese, tossing to combine.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Top with Pancetta and remaining cheese.
- Bake until puffed, browned in spots and set in the centre, about 35-40 mins.
(* Adapted from a recipe from Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts)