This is my list of must reads/haves, and I think if you have a foodie on your list, any of these are good bets!!
- bon appétit: One of my favourite food magazines, full of: awesome kitchen gear, foodie tips, and restaurant profiles. One of my go-to recipes is the Pantry Pasta by Sarah Grueneberg: easy & delicious. Make It Now!
- Lucky peach: My go-to for food stories, comics, how-to's. Hit up their website and you'll find a ton of great videos. Loving the video of The Manufactory.
- Thug kitchen: Its just as awesome as it sounds:
We’ve crafted OVER 100 BRAND-SPANKIN-NEW RECIPES to show your lazy ass that cooking at home is cheaper, healthier, and an essential part of being a goddamn grown-up. This book’s also got shortcuts, cooking tips, and a shitload of pretty photos. Plus, we guarantee all these recipes are faster than delivery, so you can serve up some tasty food with simple ingredients regardless of how brutal your schedule is.
- Toronto/Calgary/Montreal Cooks: Some of the best chefs from awesome restaurants around the country, share recipes in these city-specific books!
- East Van Foodie: So many great restaurants in East Van. Chicha is on of my favs! Now you can try to recreate some of your fav dishes from those restaurants at home. Rick Cluff (CBC) talks about the East Van Cookbook Here: Listen