Layered Yogurt Parfaits
• Plain or Flavored Yogurt
• Granola- I used Kind Granola Clusters because it's delicious and has less sugar than some other granolas that I found! • Fresh Mixed Berries • Sliced Bananas
• Jams (optional)
• In the mason jars, layer yogurt, then granola, then fruit, then more yogurt, granola, and fruit. • Berries can be subtitued for Jam or Bananas or any other fruit that you like!
• Bagels • Pizza Sauce • Pepperoni • Peppers • Mozzarella Cheese or Shredded Cheese Mix Mozzarella/Cheddar is good too.
• Slice the bagels in half, add pizza sauce, then thinly sliced peppers, then sprinkle the thin sliced pepperoni and cheese together on top. • Bake until cheese is melty and golden brown.
Stacked French Toast
(2 Ways- Savory & Sweet)
(adapted from bon appetit- Classic French Toast Recipe)
Ingredients- French Toast:
- 6 Large Eggs
- 3/4 C Heavy Cream
- 3/4 C Whole Milk
- 1/4 C Sugar (omit for savory verion)
- 1/2 TSP Cinnamon*
- 1/4 TSP Nutmeg*
- Pinch of Salt
- 4 Hamburger Buns (Sliced in Half)
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 2 TBSP Veg Oil
- For Savory Version, Replace Cinnamon & Nutmeg with 1/4 TSP Ground Black Pepper
Ingredients- Toppings & Sides:
- 6 Slices Cooked Bacon
- 1/4 C Sour Cream (for topping savory)
- 1 TBSP Diced Chives
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Maple Syrup
Lightly beat eggs, milk, cream, sugar and spices in a large shallow baking dish (I do this first step in a bowl) then transfer to the shallow dish.
Add buns, turn to coat, then press down gently on the buns until you feel them start to soak up the mixture. Let soak for 4 mins.
Heat the 1 TBSP of butter and 1 TBSP of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Carefully lift 3 buns from mix, letting extra mix drip back into the dish. Cook in skillet until golden brown (about 2 1/2 mins per side). Transfer to plate.
For Sweet: Stack buns, top with jam & maple syrup.
For Savory: Stack buns with bacon in-between each layer. Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, chives and drops of saracha.