This was the instructor Chef Kristin. She instructed both the spring and summer camp. She is awesome. She was very patient with us in showing us how to cool all of the food!
Everyday we had different “themed menu”, and a list of dishes that we had to prepare for our lunch service.
Here I’m scoring (cutting grooves in) the duck skin so it cooks properly.
See what I mean. Just look at that golden skin. Délicieu.
This was the Schnitzel cooked to perfection.
Delicious Pan-Fried Spätzle.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Heat Oil in large skillet over medium heat
- Add garlic & red pepper flakes. Stir until garlic is softened, about 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli, season with salt & pepper. Cook and continue tossing until wilted, about 2 mins. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, milk, 2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp of pepper in a large bowl. Add broccoli mixture, bread, and 1/2 cup of cheese, tossing to combine.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Top with pancetta and remaining cheese.
- Bake until puffed, browned in spots, and set in the centre- about 45-55 mins.
This was our lunch!
LOVE YOUR LITTLE LOCAVORE LIAM