Here were are with Brody setting up!
Almost ready to get cooking!
Here’s the recipe:
Crispy Skin Chicken Thighs with Potato Gnocchi, Wild Mushrooms & Chimmichurri
- 8 Bone in Skin on Chicken Thighs
- 200g of Mixed Mushrooms ( we used king Oyster and Morels)
- 360g of Potato Gnocchi
- 180g of Chimmichurri
- 60g of Asparagus Ribbons( peeled using veg peeler)
- 4 TBSP of Veg oil
- 60g of Butter
- 150ml Chicken Stock
- 40g of Copped Parsley
- 25ml Lemon Juice
- Tt Salt and Pepper
- 5 Med Sized Yukon Gold Potatoes
- a/p Flour to feel
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Tt Salt
- 2 Bunches Parsley
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 1 Shallot Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Thai Chili
- Sherry Vinegar
- Salt t.t.
- Stab potatoes with a knife or fork, and bake on a resting rack at 35oF for 2.5-3 hours, until knife tender.
- Remove from oven peel potatoes of their skin and rice through fine ricer attachment.
- In a large mixing bowl, season riced potato, add egg yolk and lightly dust in flour while kneading gently. DO NOT LET POTATOES COOL BEFORE DOUGH IS FINISHED. The dough will take on enough flour to stop adhering to the sides of the bow, and be soft and dry to the touch.
- Transfer dough onto a clean table, and roll into snakes. Cut gnocchi with a pastry scraper in uniform pillow shaped 1xm x 1cm cubes.
- Transfer onto a floured, parchment lined full tram spaces apart from each other. Do not overcrowd tray. Freeze, overnight.
- Blanch in boiling salted water, and remove once gnocchi float. Transfer to pan or that, well oiled with EVOO. Refrigerate. Reserve until needed.
Chimmichurri is a sauce that is great for grilled meats. It originates form Argentina.
- Add 3/4 of the herbs and the rest of the measured ingredients and blitz until almost smooth in a blender. (If you watched us this morning on Global, you will remember that I did it with a Mortar & Pestle).
- Add the remaining herbs and pulse to achieve texture through the mix.
- Season with Sherry Vinegar and Salt.
- Make Gnocchi and Chimmichurri up to one day in advance.
- Allow chicken thigh to sit at room temperature for 1hr before cooking, set oven to 375F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and heat a pan with vegetable oil on med/high heat.
- Add chicken, skin side down and render on medium high heat, once you start to see golden brown around edge of chicken, place in oven to carry through, approx 25 mins.
- Once chicken goes into oven, heat another pan with half of the amount of butter on med high heat.
- When butter starts to foam add mushrooms on the side and using same pan, place other half of butter and bring back up to medium high.
- Once again when butter is foaming add gnocchi and fry until golden. Combine mushrooms back in with gnocchi in one pan and add chicken stock, simmer down until glazed. Finish with parsley, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from the oven once cooked through and serve family style.
- Garnish with Asparagus Ribbons and serve Chimmichurri on the side.
Thanks to Leigh Kjekstad at Global TV for having us on this morning!