Last year I had the honour of being selected as a judge for the the Better Together Hands-On Cook-Off! It was a great opportunity to be able to see all the videos that people submitted, showing their creativity and passion for food!
It’s that time again to submit a video:
If you’re a BC resident, you can submit your 3-minute long (or less) home video cooking show between April 20 and noon of May 20. Grab a friend or relative and show us your stuff!
Videos must include two or more people preparing a recipe together… and having fun!
Don’t forget to socialize! Share your video on social media, tagging @bettertogether #HandsonCookoff.
- Now in its 7th year, the Hands-on Cook-off family foodie video contest goes national this year! Manitoba has adopted the contest.
- The goal for the contest is to raise awareness around the significant benefits of cooking and eating together, inspiring families to have fun in the kitchen across Canada.
- This year’s panel of judges represents all of these groups, and includes: Claire Newell, Jennifer Pallian, Ethan Adeland, Alex Gill, and Denise Marchessault. Every judge brings their own unique flavour to the ever-growing contest
Vote for the video you think is the best in each category!
- The video with the most votes in the Multigenerational category will win the People’s Choice award in this category and $300 cash.
- Videos submitted in the Youth category have a chance to win a prize for their team and a prize for their school or youth program. The video with the most votes in the Youth category will win the People’s Choice award in the Youth category and $150 cash for their team plus $150 cash for their school or youth program of their choice.
Here was a great video example form last year: