Finishing up my list of What’s in Season in August in BC!!
Peaches from the Okanagan are in season and so tasty!!
I decided to make a Peach Crisp with the ones that I bought.
Aug 22nd was #NationalEatAPeachDay
If you want to make it at home, here’s how:
Local Peach Crisp
- 6 or 7 Peeled and Pitted Peaches
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 C + 3 Tbsp Flour
- 1 C Oats
- 1 C Brown Sugar + 3 Tbsp Maple Sugar
- 3/4 Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1 C Cold Cubed Butter
- Start by greasing a 9×13″ Baking Dish
- Mix 1-3 with 3 Tbsp Flour and 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar and 1 Tbsp Maple Sugar (add to your greased baking dish)
- In another bowl Mix 4 with 5+6 & 7
- Delicately add 8 and Mix leaving clumps
- Bake for 45-50 mins or until crisp is browned at 350
- Enjoy with Whipped or Iced Cream